Just playing with my barracuda and have been trying to fix some wiring issues that some idiot(me) has created over the last 11 years. here is my problem maybe somebody or everybody can help out.
Its a 68 cuda with a 440/540 now has msd 6al, 93 toyota alt(internally regulated), batt in the trunk, and a hack job of wiring. so here is my issue. i just replaced my started relay b/c it was busted. i have power to it from the batt. and the neutral saftey switch is hooked up and i checked for continuity and its good, the yellow wire from the relay to the ign swtch is good too. and when i turn the ign switch i get 12 or 13 volts at the yellow ign wire at the relay. but it wont crank. if i jump the hot post to the starter sol. it will kick over. but not by the key.... any ideas?

and with the batt in the trunk do i run my alt power straight back to the opp side of the batt kill switch or to the battery itself?

also with msd 6al can i get rid of my ballast resistor? if so what do i do with the four wires on it?

Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point. -Alcoholics Anonymous, The Big Book