I've run 3 different tires on my Valiant over the last few years and here's my 2 cents on the street tire topic:

M/T ET Street (bias) hook the most consistently regardless of the track conditions, but really suck on the road to just cruise in. The bias tire type really grabs ruts in the pavement and takes the butt of the car all over the place. And do NOT drive in the rain. Also very short life span with a lot of street driving.

M/T ET Radials are a little faster than the bias on a decent or well prepped track, but won't handle a really crappy track where the bias will still hook a little. The radials on my car either hook great, or nothing at all. I switched to the radials 3 years ago becuase of the road-manners of the bias and will never go back. Drives great like a regular street tire and much better in the rain. Still have to be careful on wet roads and won't handle a heavy rain, but light years better than the bias ply tires. I street drive a lot and got 3 years out of my first set and will be buying another this winter for next season.

BF Goodrich T/A Drag Radials are better than regular street tires, but not as good as the Mickey Thompson's. I ran these years ago when my car was still running in 13.0's and they were fine at the track. However they couldn't handle the car once I built my new engine which runs mid to high 11's. Great street tires in terms of rain traction and life expectancy. I'd rank them halfway between a regular street tire and a good street legal cheater slick.