Met Ran this past Saturday and saw his van. Lots of nice work already done, almost ready for the pretty stuff!

I went with a friend to a wrecking yard yesterday and found a chrome rear bumper. It sure is bent, but that's what the chromers get paid for, right?
The transmission is completely rebuilt. Swapped in a 4 planetary gearset (OE was 3) and a 1977 valvebody with the part-throttle kickdown. Full Mancini kit with the good stuff and a 5.0 arm, along with a transgo TF-2 shift kit. Should be a fun lil beastie with a 360 in front!
Still have to get the converter and flexplate (360 offset weight).
If I have time this weekend, I plan on pulling the dual master P valve and lines, and the front suspension out of the parts truck. I'll get that all cleaned up and ready to swap under the van.
I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to get chromed, but don't have the funds right now.
Next project is to get the 360 stripped, painted and together, ready to go. Still considering the color and valve covers. 273 Red, 340 Orange or Turquoise? Not a fan of Black.... I may end up painting it whatever I decide to shoot the outside.
For the valve covers, I have the original 273s with the plug wire brackets, some old Moroso ones, a set of the flat chrome ones and a set of ribbed aluminum ones that were donated (I'll return them if not used).
The intake is an Edelbrock RPM air gap, and I'll use the front cover from the truck 318 (early style).
Still need to get a carb too. I'll set up the EI I grabbed to complete the engine, along with the mini starter and a new iron early WP. I will have to see what needs to be done to get the early pulleys on the 360 damper.
There was a good article on shortening driveshafts on the HAMB, so I may try to DIY that rather than spend chrome money!
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447741&showall=1

Last edited by RodStRace; 02/19/10 02:36 PM.