Yes, I think the 273 heads, the 315's in particular because I know more about them, would benefit your effort.

Now I will instigate as I'm sure my humble opinion will be TROUNCED upon immediately.

Magnum heads are all well and good but have things that may make their use less than advantageous. First - find a set that isn't cracked.... That may take a good long time, not to mention money. Then you have to swap cams. Then you have to - oh well, you know the litany. One of the reasons Magnums perform as they do is the 1.6 rocker ratio. Do the ratio thing to older heads and alot of the benefits of the Magnum disappear. Oh yeah - the intake manifold thingie....

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the Magnum - they represent a great era, but they are one choice among many and if you are on a budget - I would stick with EASY and readily availible.

I've not done anything with the 920 heads, but have with the 315's and 302's. By the way, the heart shaped combustion chamber in the 315's is as, if not more, effective in producing swirl. The maintain good velocity throughout the RPM band, accept porting without areas of stall, unless you go nuts. All in all a good head.

Seems like EVERY post assumes that the poster wants to spend a ton of money. OR that Magnum stuff is the answer to every topic small block. Let's help one another through our projects by maximizing what we HAVE (money is too hard to come by).

I am just completing an experiment. I have built a .030 318 with 315 heads (kinda cheated up but nothing that would raise the eyebrow of an NHRA tech) a 65 formula S intake, a 670 Avenger carb, one of our trusty record cams (.411 and .399), solid lifters, banana shafts, yada yada yada. I've corrected the ratio like we do on the wagon. It will have a 4600 stall converter, a good 904, and a 4.56 sure grip. All this in a cute little 75 Dart (oh yeah, it's lightened but still looks like new). Wanna guess what the E.T. will be. Probably shock alot of you. Point is, I had this stuff laying around. Don't think for a minute I wouldn't have used "better" stuff if I'd had it but bucks are slim. Suffice it to say this little car will probably run quicker than most think it should and it was a blast to build. How about 2600 in the entire project which includes a to the metal and back up paint job.

Enough of this. You guys are very sharp and I love reading about your antics.

Peace, Rev. Mopar