I bought a used system several years ago. It's an old Electromotive TEC II(Total Engine Control). It is fully capable distributorless semi-sequential EFI system. It fires injectors in pairs but not in true "batch" style. It does not revert to firing salvos at higher rpm. There are lots of options and features like valet mode and a two-step limiter. It's pretty good for it's age and will still hold it's own against many current EFI offerings.
This thing is out of production and has very little aftermarket or tuner support because it works a bit backwards when compared to common systems. You must set the maximum injector on time and then cut it back for non-WOT settings. The Electromotive guys still help me out if I need it. They've even told me they could dyno tune the motor if I took it to their shop. The replacement is the TEC III. It's a pretty good system and a worthy replacement for the older TEC II. It simply hasn't caught on like the other systems available.
You can download setup instructions and the operating system free at getfuelinjected.com

You can always go custom on the intake like I did. It's an old Weiand tunnel ram with a 2000 Cobra throttle body and a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate for a plenum. The sides of the plenum are made from 3" aluminum pipe. Generic injector bungs and bulk fuel rail were used.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon