451mopar: thanks for the part numbers and prices thats going to be very helpful. i went to mancinis site and they list the KB237 as a 9.5:1 piston with 88cc heads i wonder what that CR would be with a set of 915s and im assuming that its no big deal to deck the block .015 to make that a 0 deck setup and with the correct head gaskets i could have a nice quench area with im assuming roughly 10.5:1 overall CR and that should be fine with pump gas...right?

wild bill: im hoping that when this build is all said and done my goal of hitting 12's turns out to be a conservative one. realisticly i want a pump gas driver thats fun to drive on the street but i also want to put up respectable numbers at the track.

if any of you guys out there reading are scratching your heads wondering about a part of this build please jump in, id like to hit my performance goals with a relativly small investment. so stroker kits are out the window, aluminum heads are most likely not going to be used (at least right away) if theres a cheap easy way please point me in the right direction.

i read the post about smogger builds running 12's with stock "mile in the hole" pistons with a cam, headers and intake. if thats realistic i suppose id rather just go that route and save some money for a paint job