Quote:

WOW we have really messed up B1Kens post huh??

Here is my take as a high MPH T-Stop racer. I believe it gives me an advantage. I choose to run S/ST which is our 10.90 class. 99.99% of the cars in the class run a programmable stop, be it electric or air operated. There are still a few hold out who use mechanical stops, bolts, restrictor plates etc to slow thier cars to 10.90. The majority of the cars here are in the 127-135mph range, a few lower a few higher. I run 10.90 at 154-157 depending on weather wind etc. So the way it works is on my car is we stage and I leave off the two step at 4000rpm, after of course a delay, typically for me it is .080-.090 for the .5 tree. Once the brake releases the car IMMEDIATELY goes on the stop at 4200rpm. I shift the car, with an air shifter and timer at .5 into the run. The stop on my car is adjustable on the rate it opens, mine is opening as slow as it can. I come off the stop, meaning it begins to open at from 4.8-5.2 seconds, once again track, weather and wind dependent and then I am all out to the strip, or til I catch my opponent. Confused yet??? My "percerived" advantage in my eyes is being one of the faster S/ST cars is that the race is uaually always in front of me, I am chasing and can see the race unfold in front of me. One other "advantage" I have seen so far is most of my opponents being 20+mph slower usaully do not lift and try to back into me. The way I see it is I have the advantage. Time will tell I guess.

Hi Al. I'd like to think that I'm an O.K. finish line racer, but I still feel more relaxed when I'm going faster than the other guy. Back in 2002 my 160+ mph put me on the top of the heap in S/G. Now everybody seems to be running a 582. Your 157 in Super Street is still huge. My 'Cuda is sitting along side my house under a tarp and hasn't been used since 2006. I'm nearing retirement age and I'm not too comfortable about building a big $$ engine to go faster in S/G. Still, I HATE losing. And yes you guys did step all over my post but I't's a subject I never get tired of (Super Gas that is).
Ken B.