I had this wacky crazy idea, I'll try to explain, bare with me:

I was thinking about the GV overdrive, when something pooped into my head when i was watching that boyd hot rod show, where they used a programmable shift solenoid/linear actuator. That got me thinking, how cool it would be (and quite easy) to remove the shifter, install a linear actuator, and make a controller to upshift mechanically the shifter, then upshift the GV, then shifter, ect.....all using steering wheel paddle shifter!!! F1 style. It would be quite easy, actually you could leave the stock shifter in the console (b-body) and fab this system up, use it fully auto, or in paddle shift mode. it would be quite easy to make, heck it could even be done using relays, and could be turned off and just use it manually as stock. Everything would be hidden, under the console, all there would be is the paddles on the steering wheel. That would make it easy to hit the shifts and not have to manually move the shifter, then hit the button/dimmer switch, ect.....the more i think about it, if you had a ratchet shifter it could be done using door lock solenoids. i can picture it now......

what you guys think?