Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

hey Zippy, any chance you can measure the amp draw. the hhr fan is right at 14 amps. its caused me a little grief at the race track draining my battery on the second day of a 2 day race but ive just about got that all figured out.

cools nice on the street though

I doubt any fan worth anything is going to draw less than 14 amps (IMHO). I'm sure it draws more...

didnt say i need something that draws less, but id like to know what it draws,im happy with what i have on my roadrunner now. but i may choose to go electric on onother car at some point. just looking for options. being a duel fan it would also be nice to know what each fan draws.

my issue with the hhr fan has nothing to do with alternator output, my problem comes with the between rounds cool downs. the real easy fix is to just add another battery, but i dont want to. what ive come up with is a plug in to run the fan off of my jump start battery pack between rounds. worked like a charm last weekend but it wasnt real hot either. so ill see next summer when i start racing again.

I see what you mean...I just misunderstood. That battery pack thing is a good idea.