Are you using the poly strut rod bushings as well? If so the strut rod bushings usually have to be trimed to shorten them about 1/4 inch, so they are the same heigth as the stock rubber ones. I read that on this site from some knowledgable posters.

Also, there is something written up on Firm Feels website regarding "wandering toe" as a result of the issues in the parts you describe, and the cure for it. I'd look on their website and give them a call.

The added benefit of having adjustable strut rods is that you can adjust(read increase), eliminate the bind. and match up your castor from side to side to some degree. I need to put a few sets of them in my cars as well.

I made a mistake and passed on buying and installing them when I rebuilt the front ends in my cars, and wished I hadn't now. Now I'm going to have to put in a little extra work and $ to pull everything back apart and install them, plus the cost of another set of alignments...

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)