Quote:

"feels like" isn't really very accurate. As others have pointed out the are some tuning issues likley to be found,but you'll need to test. I understand your ??? as I've found through track testing that things are far from certain in parts swapping,even if all the mags (and internet pros) say otherwise. LOL Good luck to you.

I'm with goldmember on this one. My 96 Mustang GT feels much faster than my 440 Charger. It is not. They both feel way faster than my old 70 Skylark 455... and again, not even close.

Possibly the extra port volume killed enough low end to soften the experience a bit? It should be way better in the top end, but unaddressed there are tons ov issues that could limit that too. When i swapped a ported Street Dominator onto my stock 72 440 i got nothing out ov it. Nothing at all in the SOTP. After jetting up and up and up and up again, i couldn't keep the back tires from spinning. The difference was VAST. Also, if the bigger heads didn't improve the lot, perhaps the 346's were not the limiting factor. You might have a glaringly weak link in your combo that has now been multiplied?

Regardless, you've done the best thing... replaced that stock junk. Figure it out and it should rock. Provided there is nothing WRONG with your particular heads, they should out-perform even max-ported stock heads any day.