Quote:

Quote:

if everything is the same, iron heads make more power

Guys, are you kidding me? Seriously...... First off, the 346 head is an open chamber, so going to a stealth head would up the compression significantly.

Secondly, I don't even know what to say..... a stock set of 346 castings vs. a set of Stealths?? Is this a trick question? Is there something I'm missing? I'd say: no comparo. There's no way the 346 even come close.
Now, We need to know more about the combo. If you don't have the flow abilities on the intake side, or the exhaust side, to make use of the flow capabilities of the new heads, then maybe you wouldn't feel a difference ?? Tell us more about the entire combo.

That's a correct statement, everything the same (ports, valves, combustion chamber), an iron head will make more power.

It takes about a 1 point increase in compression, with everything else the same, for aluminum heads to make the same power.

As fas as 346 vs Stealth, the Stealths advantages still should overcome any power loss from the use of aluminum. I'd advance the timing 2 to 4 degreees till the Stealth heads can be cut or pistons are changed. More timing can be used as a crutch till the compression is raised.