Quote:

Quote:

I've looked into better shoes but so far can't find 11X3. If you know of any company that has 11X3 let me know.

You are in luck, there's a guy on eGay selling velvetouch full mettalic linings from the 60's & I bought several sets for my circle burner & I just checked & there are (2) Mopar sets left & one is the 11x3 that you are in need of & he's reduced the price to $50. I'm 'bout tempted to get em myself. guys that used them way back said they were awesome & would eat up drums but they worked.

I dont know that I'd recommend those. The characteristics of metallic/ velvetouch can be "touchy" They are MEANT for things like circle tracks and very hilly country where you use the brakes a lot and keep them warm. They don't stop worth $$$$ when cold, and worse, some of those would "come on" unpredictably. Friend of mine had them for awhile on his '70 Chev 3/4 4x4 back then. He'd be driving say, down the freeway, and have to make a hard stop for a traffic tie up. He'd step on the brakes, and they wouldn't do much, he'd step harder, and suddenly they'd START TO WORK as they warmed up, and you'd have to be RIGHT "on it" to LET UP on pedal pressure. He took them off the truck. They are VERY VERY hard on brake drums.