Quote:

Mike I would think long and hard about using the 69 monaco front frame for your truck, they are wide,they are bulky and just wont look good on a fenderless car in my opinion, if you went with a mustang II style frontend with Tube type "A" armes you could make it look presentable but I think the monaco frotend will be hard to make look good. just think about it before you commit. Ron...

i wasn't planning on going fenderless if i use the monaco subframe for the very same reason you mentioned, it would look bulky and out of place. the fenderless route would only happen if i can come up with the money for the 71 d100. it has the straight axle, 383 4 speed and 16" rims with the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. as far as the mustang parts...no way! it's mopar 100%. i know they're reasonably cheap and plentiful, but it's got to be mopar all the way. i can get away with the monaco subframe by covering it up with the frontend if i land on that idea. i know i'll have to massage the heck out of a lot of things, but i may have to go that route if the monaco doesn't sell soon! either way, i'm fine. also, i want to make clear that this will not be a "rat rod", but rather like a hot rod that was built sometime in the past. i want to weather it out, make it look like it's seen better days but still be a decent driver/runner. thanks for the advice and comments. i truly welcome it all. you guys are the ones that have been there and done that literally. i'm a relative newb that reads, studies what others have done and apply it to my particular application. thanks a bunch fellas. i did manage to cut the doors today and work that stubborn windshield frame away from the hinges. i'm gonna do a tutorial on that procedure alone! mike in k.c.

ask me about new sportone elbow side trim for your 1957 and 1958 plymouths http://39lowboydodge.blogspot.com/