Quote:

be prepared for the new sending unit not to work 100%.
it wont go to full, only 3/4 the way full.
im on my 4th sending unit from every retailer who sells them.
unless something im doing wrong, it wont show full.

I'd start checking things that can be checked. My replacement worked the first time. This article has some useful information. Mopar Gauges It says "Most problems relate to the fuel gauge sender, which should read 61 to 85 ohms ‘empty’, and 8.6 to 10.6 ohms ‘full’ If the sender is within these specs, the ground at the tank strap is in place (fig. 2), and the wiring, right up to the gauge, is okay, then the gauge itself is shot."

I'd check the resistance when full. After doing something about the gas (I'd drive it almost empty) remove the sender and see if it can move full up. There are tabs that limit max deflection that can be bent for calibration purposes. See if you can get the resistance down to the 9 volt range. If that's good, you can bend the arm down. I don't think this is the problem, but if it is, reading empty when empty is more important than reading full when full.

If the sender reads good, check for low resistance from the back of the sender to the car body.

If everything's good so far, and the other gauges work fine, then it's probably the gauge. There are adjustments inside them for calibration.

Last edited by 375inStroke; 07/27/09 08:56 PM.