Quote:

anyone ever heard of or had any dealing with Dr J's Performance, seem to be popular with some of the Engine Master guy's.

Funny you should mention him...

We are re-doing an engine he assembled for a guy a couple of hours away from us.
He used Indy cnc -2 heads, and an Indy intake that Dr. J ported like the above photo's show.
I flowed his head, then added my Indy intake that hasn't been ported yet, then flowed Dr. J's intake, then flowed a new victor intake that I ported for this engine (we are changing things because this engine did not make HP!).

The victor flowed identical to the Indy that Dr. J did up till .500 where it flowed 4 cfm better than the Dr. J indy. The indy intake did start to outflow the victor at .600 but only by 5 cfm. And we are only running .615 lift max, so that is irrelevant.

If you looked at this intake, you would swear that the Indy ported by them, or hell just OOTB would KILL the victor, ported or not...but it didn't!
And lets just say that the porting I did to the victor only took me about 4 hours...We are leaving the intake tract small because the customer wants TQ down low....lots of TQ.

Unless you TEST the things you plan to use, you really just don't know what you have.
Pick a good porter. Infact, pick the best that you can afford!

Brian Hafliger