Quote:

It's for real, I know who the original owner is, I'll probably find out who bought it before too long (people usually just tell me stuff) and Donato doesn't work for Mopar.

It isn't the only one that has been resold, there have been others.

Nobody is really going to get anybody "in trouble" for reselling a car, everyone knew it'd happen and sure enough it is.

Yes, I know that John has left Chrysler and is now running Donato Engineering in Milford Mi. But I do know that Larry Shepard is still with writing for Mopar Performance, and that Jim Sassorossi is stil with the company, I'm sure they wouldn't be happy.

The whole problem is that the cars were not sold by the factory to the original owners to resell.. The factory sold them so a racer could build the car for the different stock or super stock classes in the NHRA/IHRA. With the current economy and the problems in Detroit we should be thankful the company is even trying to build the required amount of vehicles to be class legal, and if some of the people who are getting the cars second hand not racing them those who have bought the cars to race will not be able to because there would not be enough cars registered to run in their classes.

It's plain and simple, if Chrysler didn't care who recieved the cars they would have not required the racers to fill out the applications and Chrysler should have just sold them at the dealerships. Especially when the factory isn't going to be making a large number of them.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's a shame that the drag racers no longer have the character they used to back when it was more about the sport and not the money... But I guess this is one of the reasons that drag racing is still playing second fiddle to the roundy rounders.. But once again who cares...