Quote:

The car is real and was taken off ebay, because it was sold!

Thanks,

Chuck West

As I said before, these cars were built for the racers to have and race, NOT to sell... If the racers are just trying to make a buck, and not care about the sport it's really sad, and they shouldn't be involved in the sport or the hobby in my opinion. There was a lot of engineering along with all the countless hours in negotiations with the NHRA to make these vehicles class legal. The NHRA is on their last leg it seems, and they were trying to help themselves along with Detroit by trying to start some excitement again for the sport and industry like they had accomplished once in the past. It's pretty sad when everyone complains that the factory isn't doing anything for the sport, but when they do, the people can't follow the rules that the factory put forth in order for the sport to grow.. No wonder they are pulling out of everything, I don't blame them. They just went through bankruptcy and actually fought to keep this vehicle in production, and it didn't take too long for greed to get involved. I'm going to give Larry a call this morning and let him know what happened so he can forward this on to John Donato. John is now the Engineering Manager at Mopar Moptorsports, and hopefully he'll contact the person who received car #12 to find out what happened with the car....
This is just a shame.......
Don