Right now all my projects are on hold as I am working with my father-in-law on getting a 24X40 pole barn built for us to work in. As part of that project we have an old 18X60 mobile home that we are deconstructing to use the roof sections for at least two 18*20 car ports on the back side for the tractor, four wheelers, lawnmowers, etc to be stored.

So for the projects, we have the 50 dodge 5 window stripped down except for the glass and the instrument cluster. I am starting to pound out the dents and remove the undercoating from the front fenders. But its been at a stand still while we try to find a 4X4 dakota with a manual transmission locally to act as a chassis drivetrain donor. We dont have a bed for the truck so we will likely try to pickup or build a flat bed since its just going to end up a farm truck.

I finally found a 2wd Dakota donor for my 1948 Dodge Panel truck, its a 93 so I have to decide if I am going to convert over to the 5 on 4.5 or just keep the 6 on 4.5 on all four corners. There are getting to be more wheel options for the Dakotas so it may work with the 6 lug axles.

I dug into the 39 Plymouth over the last two weekends, I hadnt done much with it since I did the trade to get it from a Member here. So I started pulling all the loose parts out of the interior and really giving it a once over. Not as much body work as I had originally thought in the front sheet metal so I am going to build a table to hold the body while I get back to the chassis. Since it already has a dakota front clip (thanks to Gene) I just need to finish grafting the front cross member back on, do alittle plate re-inforcing for the clip and box the rest of the frame. I think I just gonna run the Dakota rear end with leafs so there isnt much modifying left to do on the chassis. So that means I need to get it blasted and painted (once the pole barn is done that is project number one for me).

So little movement on the projects until the project of getting the place to work on them is wrapped up. then it will be a lot of and it may not all play out in that order.

Last edited by bohmer2; 06/26/09 03:18 PM.