Quote:

Quote:

The use of nitrogen in passenger car tires is nothing but a sleazy cash grab by the retailers.

Did you use a different gauge both times you checked the pressures? Were the tires at the same temperatures both times?

Dave

I must be one of those sleazy cash grab tire retailers because I sell it and install FREE on all tires I sell! Been using it for over 4 or 5 years now, have had great luck. Nitrogen will keep your tires running cooler (longer life), keeps moisture away, less corrisoin between rim and tire bead, less rim leaks (if you have had a Chrysler with chrome rims you know what I mean) and yes air pressure doesn't change as much, It won't stop the air from leaking' but with the larger moducles it slow its down and without the moisture it doesn't change as much. Again I'm only a sleazy cash grab tire dealer, so what do I know after 35+ years in the business

If you're providing it for free, then you're not sleazy! It's STILL a waste of time, though.

For airplanes that see SEVERE fluctuations in altitude, temperatures, speed and impacts; sure. For passenger car tires ITS A WASTE OF TIME.

Tire temperature is a function of load, deformation and pressure. I seriously doubt tires running nitrogen at the same pressure as air run measureably cooler in a passenger car application.

Moisture in compressed air is a problem that can and should be addressed with an appropriate air dryer and again, nitrogen isn't needed for that either.

Sorry, but most soccer moms are being sold a bill of goods based on some accurate science that makes little to no difference in the real world and they're being charged an extra $5.00 a tire for it usually.

my 2 pennies, again.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]