Quote:

Quote:

Quote: "For God's sakes don't skimp on the converter...get a quality one...you won't regret it."

umm. I'm running a 3800lb 69 B-body with a 496 stroker, beefed up 727 rev. manual valve body with external cooler, 3:23's, M/T drag radials that hook real nice and running high 11's...

This combo also includes a very cheapo Mopar Performance "Economy Hi-stall" 2200rpm (factory 340 hi-stall?) converter bought for $240 new 3 years ago and performs great.

I thought I said 2200-2400? I guess Hoof
is the only one to understand.
Wasn't this just a street car. I would of picked
a smaller cam, but the 509 will work.
On the street it doesn't matter what stall you have
(with in reason) or what the gears are because it never hooks.

Yes the bigger stall is better at the track, but it
sucks for freeway cruisen when matched up with
low gears.

hoof has a 496, the original poster has a 440. i do agree with you somewhat in that with typical hard street tires it might not hook up anyway no matter what convertor. But he might get the urge to go racing someday and that 509 will be a dog out of the hole with a 2400 stall. I agree that if it is just a street cruiser he ought to just put a smaller cam in it, about 230 at .050 or thereabouts, along with your recommended 2400 convertor . As far as Roofs cheapo MP convertor, i've got one behind a mild 400 and like it but i might be a bit leery of running one with a high output motor for fear it might not last long.