Quote:

Slight deviation to this post, if you will allow me.
I had a few resto batteries a few years ago and was very disappointed. They were reliable for about three years in classic car use (i.e., sits all winter in the frozen north - Michigan). In the fourth summer you best bring battery cables to get an occasional jump start.
I gave up, and bought a new premium 27 month Mopar battery from my local dealer. The first one is going on 6 years, the second on 4. No problems, if they get a bit "flat", a week on a trickle charger and they are good as new.
I like the look of the reproduction batteries, but I like stating better.
What is everyone's experience here today?
Thanks!
Mark [/quote0

I've had mine for 5 yrs,........sits in the garage all winter long, no trickle charge, never have, never needed a jump,.....sits for about 3-4 months in the winter, before I start the car,.......then sits for weeks during the summer at a time before I take the car out for whatever reason,

the older, repro vintage batteries that were shipped dry, and you had to add acid to, and charge before use were good for only 2 yrs on avg, and if they did last any longer, they puked acid out the vent caps, and the cases swelled.....but the latest sealed batteries have a pretty good track record IMHO

Mike