Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, you have to do the fab and research work yourself to make it budgetable. But depending on what a guy will use for a long block, power-for-power a turbo setup $$ can be comparable to a hi-hp NA engine. NA engines have to spin higher to make the same power as a boosted engine, and RPM is where the $$$ is at. Low-boost engines need very little special prepwork on the engine.
Yes, a centrifugal supercharger is much easier, but they heat the intake charge more than a turbo's compressor does.

There is a guy on TurboMustangs that was running a 1/2-ton truck into the 12s with a stock/untouched 383 - he bypassed $4000+ worth of engine mods for that performance level.

this ran 12.0's from 12.90's on a good day w/ no other mods. Probably could have run 11's with some fine tuning. It was a fairly stock cast piston 440 w/ a summit 488 cam. I put the entire S/C togther including fuel system upgrades, bungs sensors and carb prep for around 2k. Could have been under 1800 but I had the tubes done by a local shop as I didn't want to butcher the welds.

sounds like alot of money to run 12.0s?!? If its all about the $ then squeeze it... my stock 400 with edelbrock heads and a hydraulic cam with a 225 shot strapped to it went 10.50s consistantley for years... on 91 octane no less!!!

How long is it going to last hitting it w/ a 225 shot? what's it run w/o it? what did the NOS kit cost? what's it cost to fill it? it all adds up boost is FULL TIME it's ALWAYS available. SO not really I had maybe $3800 in the entire engine/trans w/ the S/C. Could have run 11's with some tuning. This was on 5.5lbs of boost and a little sumit 488 cam. I'll bet you had more in your engine. I did get the 8lb pulley on but sold it before I ran it. w/8psi I'd guess the car would have been around 11.60? drove to the track and home sometimes 50+ miles one way. I had 3.91's, if it had 3.73's probably would have been even better as the boost would come in quicker. and if i would have hit it w/ a 150 shot maybe a second faster. Oh yeah and in a 3850lb car at that

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!