well here is what we got done today, a 3 1/2" top chop.
that is 3 1/2 removed from the side,that makes 4" out of the windsheild, first we layed out the tape at 3 1/2" all the way around the body and then measuered and marked the 4" on the front posts then we welded a bar across the door area so that the cab wont change shape.
then with a cutoff wheel in the grinder I started making cuts to fit the sawblade in.
we cut out the back of the cab but I left 1" of metal on the top section so that I can overlap it to the bottom section.
then after the top was off we finished cutting off the windsheild posts and the "B" pillers, then we set the top back on and did the finish grinding to make sure everything lined up perfectly
then when we were happy with the fit at the "B" piller we removed the top again and cut it from door to door and then set the back section back on and started fitting the windsheild post till we had then right and then clamped them in place
I like the new look of the cab with the chop Ron...

here are some chop top pics:

here you can see how much the front is off after the chop 1 3/4" needs to be added across the roof

cutting across the roof

this is with everything clamped in place, now I need to get the roll cage started and welded befor I can weld the top back on

Last edited by Mopar Ron; 12/29/06 10:18 PM.