Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Gene, I see at least one Ford and one Pontiac mixed in at your Mopar Ranch tsk laugh

if you are referring to the rides in the background in the picture of the truck frame, that picture was taken at my old shop where there was an auto repair shop, a towing service, and a guy that sold springs and body parts that owned a junk yard years before that shared a common "parking" area. Those rides in the background belong to the other guys.

In my history was 1 Oldsmobile that was my dad's car, the first car I ever drove, and the Buick that was the first car I bought. I had 1 Ford I traded in that took 3 weeks to get rid of, and 3 Chevys, two were part of a package deal that both went to the neighbor that used to have the junk yard, as soon as I dropped them off, (he met me in the parking lot and bought them both), and one that got sold before it ever made it to my house (the kid that went with me to drive it home bought it). I have had the misfortune to have to work on those other cars through the years, I made some pretty good money repairing and patching up those rust buckets. The only official non-Mopar in my ownership papers was that 1st car, the Buick, between it and dad's Olds before it, I learned those GM cars couldn't handle my driving habits.

I am guilty of parting out and scrapping a lot of performance era Mopars though. None of them would have survived this long.

Edit: I did have to go back and look at the cars in the background of that frame picture. The dark blue 5th Ave would have been my son's high school ride. The school bus yellow panel one the one inside pic was his project. The green cab in the same pic was what went on the frame.

Last edited by poorboy; 04/28/24 07:26 PM.