Years ago my son had a 56 Dodge panel (it is the school bus yellow thing in the back ground of some of the pictures posted on this thread). My son sandblasted the inside of the body, and we patched up the rear wheel wells, then installed an LA 360 727. it was still on the original frame. He had some leaf springs removed from both the front and rear spring packs and drove it through most of his high school years. He sold it to a guy in our local area, and that guy lost his license with it and sold it to someone else near here. That thing was scary to drive because the ends of the front leaf springs wore grooves into the other leafs, when ever it hit a bump, you never knew which direction it was going to take off in.

The reason I posted it is because every so often that panel shows up for sale. The guy doesn't know squat about it, and the asking price is $5500 every time it shows up. The ad runs it course, then you don't hear about it until the next time it shows up again. It currently is in black primer. The panel would probably be a great body shell for a Dakota frame swap. Its about due to show up again, but we are probably a long way from you.