i had the same experience with Am Fam. 4 cars ( two classics) house, business, life, workman's comp. only a few hail claims in 25 years. They jacked me 35+% on th e house alone, I bailed to Nationwide and got 25% back. Cars about the same. I asked them to add up what I had paid them vs what they paid out to me, WHAH WHAH we lost money. Not on me you haven't.
So what about all the years they made $$$$. Oh that went to the exec's for doing such a good job whistling BTW they expect that same level of compensation now as well.
So why not raise rates in areas that have cost more than stabbing everybody in the shorts? UHH then the exec's compensation would have to drop.
It's a scam right up their with loan sharking or running numbers IMO.
I write this as tornadoes ripped through here ~ 5 hours ago. Damage you bet. Did it flatten the town? NO but they'll cry and say they lost $$ Cumulatively, if one looks at the total they pull in annually in Omaha over 5-10 years, I'll doubt it
lets not even discuss fire insurance in parts of Ca. or who was responsible for those fires but barely got a finger pointed at them. twocents