Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Has anyone tried swapping the float resistor from an original one into one of the replacements ?

Not easily done as the resistor board / connections are riveted and the wire is quite fragile. Good thought though. beer

plus, the float resistor is spot welded to the pickup tube. [at least mine is.] you would have to be extremely careful removing the float resistor from the new assembly, then you could silver solder the original float resistor to the stainless pickup tube.
and being a charger with the big side hole the filler tube goes in, i installed the sender when the tank was out and lifted and lowered the float arm while checking the resistance. [this checked out almost spot on at full and empty, and the dash gauge read real close to what it should at full and empty.] i figured everything was good to go, but when the tank was installed, the dash gauge ain't even close in operation, although a couple of times it did read full when the tank is full. yes, the tank and sender are both grounded well, with multiple ground attachments.
i'm wondering if the float [which is brass] is no good. however, that would not explain why the dash gauge reads full, occasionally.
it is rather irritating to be sure ! runaway
beer