Kevin at IJ crank scrapers has a fix for the cracked screen, He was gracious enough to text back and forth on Sunday afternoon. Later sending me a conformation # and shipping the supplies at N/C. Great service. Ordered one pair of lifters from Isky as I wasn't sure I could send mine back for repair and get them by next weekend. Cleaned up the cam and installed it in a spare 440 block. Modified the degree wheel to bolt to the cam. Set up the dial indicator and mapped the cam out to make sure it was what the numbers on the cam said were correct. A little mind game figuring out the cam with no crank installed for TDC. Along with the fact that all the numbers were reduced by 2. I started by finding the int C/L and working backwards. It all looks good. The int lobe base circle is .030" smaller, exhaust .015" smaller. At the last build every spring was checked for coil bind. For some reason the springs with the greatest coil bind height are all on the intakes. So I'll move them around at the .024 extra lift gets it a little close. Tetsing next wednesday. Racing next weekend.
Doug

20240423_155247.jpg20240423_104849.jpg