When "Jay" ran Woodburn, OR drag strip back in the mid 2000s he was the cheapest track manager that I had ran into while drag racing since 1964 rant down
I went to his end of the season race in October of 2005, I enter Pro bracket and went to the 1/4 finals on Sunday, $75.00 entry fee for both days,170+ cars entered into the Pro bracket racing on Sunday. I went up the tower to get paid, it was my first race there, and was told they didn't pay 1/4 finals shock When I asked about what they paid exactly they told me they only paid winner and runner ups. I ask how much they paid I was told $150. and $75.00, talk about being greedy and cheap down rant puke
I'm not sure what the total entries were that weekend as they had all three NHRA brackets as well as several other specialty groups racing like stick shift cars and other non bracket cars, maybe including Stock and Super Stock shoot ou shruggyt

170 times $75.00 = $12,750.00 plus all the other entry fees.
I decided I would not go back there for any of their regular races down boogie hammer
The announcer made mention that Jay would be going to Hawaii for the winter in his 2nd home over their after that race down mad rant hammer

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 04/22/24 11:24 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)