Originally Posted by roadrunninMark
Diplomat, if you figure how to hook to a thermoquad, please let me know. I don’t know if it would be better for me on pedal or carb.

So here is a strange, but I think nearly OEM solution for the Carter TQ crowd out there - Mopar stuck the "Throttle Position Transducer" (TPT) on the TQs that were installed in cars running ESA (Electronic Spark Advance), LeanBurn, etc. setups. The Carter specs book says these things were used to provide up to 15 deg. advance at WOT (once the transducer readings were accounted for by the computer). The only other specs about the transducer itself that I have been able to find is that the coil itself should have been 60 and 90 ohm reading.

Hmm...OK, so what's next?

Well, not paying attention to any of this "way back when" I yanked so many of these things off the carb and straight into the garbage bin as the LeanBurn stuff was getting converted that I lost count. Yet today I could certainly use a working one because I'm guessing this is a simple resistance measurement and therefore if you were to supply input voltage and read the output (the TPT just has two terminals) you could develop a reading map that basically spells out the actual throttle opening angle...ta da, equivalent of modern day TPS after all. All you do then is to bring those values into your data logger and start logging.

Spring is nearly here, and my bucket of TQs has got to have one of these things still attached...somewhere...I hope... boogie