Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I'm getting ready to start buying parts and assembling a SB 360 motor with a offset ground crank that I think has right at 3.75 stroke and the bore will be the minimum size needed to straighten out the bores, I'm not going all out for max power on this build.
It will be in a 1965 Valeant 200 Signet with a Pro Trans 904 and probably a 35 spline Dana 60 pickup housing cut down and made for this deal with leaf springs, I will run it on the local E85 pump swill so I hopefully won't have to wory about detonation running the turbo boost up to 10 Lbs. or less using one of Holley's EFI direct port injection, not throttle body injectors.
I'm planning on using this car to learn EFI programming and data storage and use it for tuning this motor luck grin
My questions are anyone else using E85 with a SB turbo motor on here help
What mechanical compression ratio and cam specs information would be very helpful help luck
Thanks in advance: bow Cab

you could copy the recipe used by thousands of sloppy mechanics on 6.0 LS engines and pump E85... conservative timing, single 78/75 VS turbo, holley terminator, 15 psi boost. they typically produce 150 mph trap speed @ 3000 lbs in random crappy fox body cars. I don't see why the same concept would not work on a 5.9 magnum stroker. The "sloppy stage 2" cam from Elgin is commonly used.

Last edited by Craig J; 03/19/24 08:12 PM.