Originally Posted by Hoop
I'm wanting to do it with out pulling one plug or taking the distributor out!.. I,m wondering if I can get a ratcheting tie down to hold on the pulley on a Dart like I saw someone do on you tube on another Mopar?

I was thinking you were working on the fan pulley right now. The two wrench method works on that.

If you are working on the crank pulley then they usually come off with a socket wrench. If you position the ratchet across the center of the harmonic balancer the pulley is less prone to turn as you remove the bolts. You can't do that on the fan pulley though or the big harmonic balancer bolt but it works on lower belt pulleys and flywheel/flexplates.

There is no reason to remove the distributor when changing timing chains on an old mopar. You may pull the cap off to see if you are on #1 compression stroke or pull the coil wire off to prevent it from starting but there is no reason to pull the distributor.

I have not seen the ratcheting tie down method so I can not say it will or won't work. shruggy