In my case, it's always a day late and a dollar short. I could've *REALLY* used it a few years ago when I put new drums on my Maxi Blue Hornet. Car vibrated like mad when brakes were applied. Turned out, brand new Raybestos brakes weren't round. Luckily, that was a solid decade ago when there were still local shops willing to take on a job like that, but sure would've saved me --- easily the cost of the machine itself --- to do it myself. Next time, I'll be prepared.

Same reason why one of my next acquisitions will be a hydraulic press. When I redid the suspension on my Gremlin, it cost me $600 to have a local shop press in EIGHT bushings.... and they even screwed up two of them. I've got my Javelin to rebuild, plus my Hornet, probably the truck and an SX/4 if I ever get one. The press will pay for itself in short order.

I'm probably going to get really popular when the tire machine shows up. A tire changeover these days is easily $100-$125. Not to mention how many of us drag home "Cool" old wheels with junky tires on them? Almost not worth dragging them into town to have somebody pop the old rubber off. Again, the tire machine should pay for itself in no time. It's also one of those nice, overheard arm style, too!

The older I get, the more I learn that jobs are so much easier with the right tools. Like a Mopar Ball Joint socket, a GM lock-plate hold-down, or even the proper wrench to hold a water pump pulley that has a threaded-on fan clutch. There are tools out there made to eliminate ball-ache.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....