Originally Posted by tex013
Originally Posted by 6PAX
Originally Posted by JohnRR
This is a great subject, that came up at a good time, as I have been thinking about fans on my Factory Appearing build. I have a big block A body and standard its equipped with a 7 blade fixed fan with a 5/8" spacer , hoping that one of these short clutches fits and put the fan in a good spot within the shroud, otherwise a fixed 4 blade fan might be finding a home in it for racing.

Been doing a lot of reading up on these clutches and the fans as well John. Right now, I'm leaning toward the 2947 clutch with a 7 blade fan unless someone convinces me that a different combo would be better. As I mentioned, I'm more concerned with cooling efficiency rather than hp loss.

I use the Mopar Performance 5 blade works good for me . Tex

I tried the MP 5 blade assembly a while back. Nice and quiet, lite, but didn't pull much air and hence, I had trouble keeping the engine cool. I believe it would be a good choice for a race only application. Not so much in a street/strip car. Again, just my 2 cents.

4 speed street legal. Best time 10.99 @ 124 mph on 93 octane pump gas @ 3926# total weight