Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by HemiSportFury
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by dvw
Are the wheels just turning slowly? Can you stop them by hand? If so thats pretty normal. If the forward clutch was applied incorrectly in N/P, then it would actually be in 1st gear. If the kickdown band was to tight it would be in 2nd gear. In either case reverse would be bound up and the other forward gears wouldn't function. If all gears function and it shifts correctly you should be fine.
Doug

This ^^^^^ the output will turn if there is no driveshaft and the wheels are not on the ground , I had the same thing happen with a duster I had a long time ago with the rear tires off the ground , I was able to stop the wheel from turning with my foot.

It's not just costing, it's turning with power, I cannot stop the output shaft from turning (no driveshaft).

I don't see an easy way to stop it without the driveshaft, does the trans have park or does it have a brake drum on the end of it ? If it really is under power then something went in wrong ???

It has park. I try to stop it with a piece of wood against the output B&T flange. It's turning with the same power in D as it does in N. It will slow down in 1 & 2.

I agree something is wrong, just hoping the pressure test results would point me in some direction.

'64 Sport Fury, 528 Hemi, FiTech EFI, 4-speed, 4.10 Dana 60
'57 Belvedere 2dr sedan, current project in process
'19 Cherokee Trail Hawk Elite
'03 Ram 2500 CTD HO, 6-speed 214,000 miles and still going strong