Originally Posted by A/MP
So a few down sides- no paper element fuel filter material, SS only. Upgrade to better "RUBBER", that would be a teflon type line. and most importantly if you are using a carb, make heat fast in the motor. Cold temps 50*F or less will not let the alcohol vaporize fast enough to prevent cylinder wall wash down. I learned they facts when building a street 500HP set up. I solved many a start up and shut down issues by having a 1 gallon fuel cell with straight gasoline. Used it for startup and shut down. You can never get rid of the e85 by just shutting off the fuel pump and run the system dry. There is always fuel in the bowls afterwards. 10 to 15% fuel will slowly gunk the carb. e85 is worse. Sta- Bil and Lucas top cylinder/fuel injection cleaner in the fuel is a big help with maintenance issues with any alcohol/gasoline ratio.

Hmm... so a small fuel cell, a couple of ball valves, another $150 in fittings for a secondary fuel system for cold start and clean shutdown. Sounds like a good idea that would add another $450 to the conversion. I have to look for a 3 port diverter valve so I don't have to plumb 2 valves that would save some dough and potential leak points. I keep my garage around 55 degrees all year but I do need to move it out when it's cold outside so it might be a worthwhile setup.
Thanks for the tip.

Gus beer

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60