Just for fun try slowly turning the crank and see if there is a spot where the rockers are positioned such that the covers can be wiggled off and on. If there is then mark the dampener for future reference and repeat on the other side.

Good luck with that, at any given time rockers will be insimilar positions - its not like they'll all be open or closed at once !!

I guess I should ask the dumb question, do the max wedges use an offset intake rocker because of the larger intake port ?

There is no "intake" or "exhaust" rocker, there is only left or right. What is intake on one cylinder is exhaust on the next. So, all rockers have the same offset. What allows them to be used on either or is the shaft "hold down". The narrow one's let those rockers move in closer to each other so they center on the exhaust valve tips. The wider ones push the rockers further apart to center on the intake valve tips.

I think the Isky or Crane either one would work fine but Ive never seen them for a Max wedge

Copies of the origial MW - either will work fine.

As to the OP's issue, are you using studs or bolts to hold the valve covers? You would definitely have issues getting them off if using studs !!