Originally Posted by JohnRR
[quote=ruderunner]I'll cut airhorn gaskets. Base gaskets should be ok other than the mounting holes and or throttle holes. Other gaskets should be standard stuff.

No I meant are the gaskets installed between the bowl and metering block and metering block and carb body, they didn't look like it in the picture and that will add a small amount to the carb overall width.

_____ No gaskets yet but there's a little clearance between the center and rear carbs. There's also a little more material I can take off if needed. I may redo the center carb anyway since I took off a boss or two for the choke linkage. Kinda figured one carb would be a throwaway.

and another question , what air cleaner are you planning on , that is going to need to be modified too .

_____ I plan on the K&N Mopar style filter with a repop 6bbl lid. I'll make the needed studs and baseplate once this is in the car. I can line everything up with the 6bbl scoop.

What did you have to whittle off the carbs there?

______ Obviously the rear half of the airhorns and the associated ribbing. On the rear carb I smoothed out the front of the bowl, milled a little off the bowl gasket surface and the outer edge of the metering block where the bowl seals. Not much gained there due to accelerator pump passages. The bowl and metering block machining got me maybe 3/16". I'll have to modify the lever on the accelerator pump to correct linkage alignment.

I'm not familiar with what those carbs are off originally, Ford truck application?

_____ As far as I know, these are big bore versions of the basic 2300 series 2bbl used by a few manufacturers. Typically OEM were the 350 cfm versions. I don't think the 500s were used factory.

They should work, what size engine are you running ?

_____ Going on a pretty mild 383 for now. Going to have to go down the rabbit hole for tuning as this is really alot more cfm than needed.

JCastle, might be your manifold, bought it off ebay a couple months ago.

Angry white pureblood male