Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by VITC_GTX
Originally Posted by crackedback
I've used foot powder spray in the areas of most likely leaks.

When I drive it around "the block" ( 3 miles ) it leaves a 4" puddle of oil on the shop floor in 10 minutes. It's REALLY leaking.

Coat both sides of a new pan gasket with Loctite 515 Gasket Eliminator (or Loctite 518 GE) and put that out of the way. I've used Loctite 515 Gasket Eliminator for decades and never a bad result.

One has to isolate the source FIRST wink Had a customer years ago that cased a leak on a fresh resto before brig it in. 1st question was: are you sure the galley plugs are tight and sealed. Said he did them himself. After 5 pan gaskets 2 rear mains 1oil pan by him, We did the pan gasket, put rear main in, and put the original pan back on.
No change. I had thoroughly de-oiled the BH'sng etc. I put a small piece of wadded up paper towel on a set of mechanical fingers and snuck it up into the BH'sng avoiding the rear main etc. It came back down with fresh oil.
Remover the trans, bh, and flywheel while he watched. Upper R galley plug was finger tight frown . I have more stories wink but you have to diagnose before going for the "FIX"

You're comment about it leaks worse with higher RPM? make sure you're not building excess crankcase pressure wink
Keep us posted