Originally Posted by 71TA
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
My point is to never use a Cashiers check and do everything with a wire transfer, just that simple... wave

I'm looking to buy a $30,000 piece of equipment across the country from a small equipment reseller. "Appears" legit. Only way I would take delivery is to FLY to San Francisco (step over homeless and poop) and take delivery myself with a Uhaul. Problem is, wire transfers take a day. I could wait BUT they could not answer the door either after receipt. They said they'd have to waith 3 days for a cashiers check to "clear". 3 days of my time, food, motel, lost productivity is $$,$$$. The machine is worth over 2X and it's a great deal. I CERTAINLY can't take cash. I'm 61 and EXTREMELY sceptical. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent smile

I recently picked up a Demon 170 for a client and I had to inspect it before the wire transfer would be sent. My client had everything set up at his bank and all I had to do was call him to say all was good then the wire transfer was sent. It took about an hour before the wired money showed up at the sellers bank account... shruggy

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!