Seems there is always some kind of crap going on. I've been doing major repairs to my house over the last few years & mostly working alone because of cost as well as just nobody I know that could physically help. Two close friends who would help me are too ill to do so. One has stage 4 MS & is in constant pain. The other has respiratory issues & a pacemaker. He needed an inhaler just to walk his dog. My repairs started with tearing off & replacing the roof, then removing the wrap around deck to be able to remove the cedar siding so I could repair walls, windows & doors. This can of worms led me to add insulation on the exterior, add a front porch overhang & then having to dig over a dozen new deck footings because there were none. Football sized lumps of concrete 6" down don't count.

Everyday life keeps us all busy & there is always something that pops up & gets in the way. Sometimes unexpected disasters arise & need to be dealt with. Work is busy with long hours, cars break, yard maintenance never ends, my son's college tuition is like another mortgage & my wife lost her job due to the company she worked for going under. Fortunately she just landed a new job a couple of months back, but we're still trying to recover financially after her being unemployed for a long time. My dad's wife just passed away 2 weeks ago after battling Alzheimer's for almost 2 years. He's 83 & gets around okay, but still needs help with certain projects at his house. It's a 3 to 3-1/2 hour drive to get there so if I go it's on a weekend & then I lose time on my own house.

I'm 61 & glad I can still do all this but I did notice that I can't toss a bundle of shingles onto my shoulder & go up the ladder like I used to. I suppose it can always be worse. work