I assume the 'V' means vented points. That is a good thing for temp and overall life. But also means slightly less surface area to contact. When you get the points, check to make sure that the contact areas are square to each other. Fairly often, even back then, the mating surfaces would not be in good alignment which means a smaller contact area, which would speed up the maintenance cycle. We always used Sorensen ignition parts back then. They actually had cross vented points. They were the longest lasting points I have ever seen. But that was a long, long time ago and I am not even sure Sorensen is around any more. Let alone being the same quality even if they were.

If you don't need the extra spring tension for higher RPM stability, the lighter spring will usually require less frequent adjustment due to less pressure on the rubbing block.

Back in the day, if everything was in spec, it was typical to go well over 10,000 miles before an adjustment was needed on daily driver stuff. And given an occasional check with a dwell meter, I have seen 15,000 miles between adjustments. Or do like most did back then, wait until it starts acting up before you pop the hood to see what's going on. grin

Master, again and still