Quote:

Not saying it hasn't been done, but definitely way harder to justify a TKO for someone already running an automatic, ESPECIALLY for someone watching their coin. I did look into a TKO a good bit before I made the decision for the GV. Cost of a total conversion was a big deciding factor.

I like my GV, but I do wonder how much I could have saved by considering a good 518 with a little extra strenghtening

This is true...if you're already set up for an auto, you're gonna have to get EVERYTHING! (Flywheel, bell housing, clutch disc, pressure plate, gear box, shifter, clutch pedal, clutch linkage and or hydraulic lines, throw out bearing, clutch fork unless it's a hydraulic throw out bearing....

if you're already running a manual gear box, you can skip most of that and get just the gear box and driveshaft.

I basically did an "auto to manual" conversion, because I was putting a big block, TKO combo into a V6 Dakota, so all I had in place that I could use, was the clutch pedal, none of the V6 stuff was the same.

I spent $4K on my set-up, which included shipping to my door.

but it sure is worth it!

**Photobucket sucks**