Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Back in the late '80's...I had the "677" MP cam in my 440 powered '69 300 'vert.
Stock block/heads, just a three angle valve job, and fresh valve train. 10.1 comp. and headers.
We used a reconditioned CH4B intake, with a Holley 650. Engine ran out of steam at 4,500ish RPM.

A few months later, we swapped out to the .509 cam, installed at .104 degrees, and a new 3310 750 Holley.
What a huge night and day difference the way that car ran. With that combo (and a 3.91 sure grip)...
It ran 14 teens -low 20's @99mph in the quarter mile..on street tires and full 2-1/2" exhaust.
Won a few street races as well, including against a new (at the time) turbo T type Buick Regal.
Mr. Regal was shocked and saddened that a "big boat" had kicked his ass! laugh2

You changed at least two things, the cam and the carb. Any idea what made the biggest difference?

I would say they both made a big difference, but that .509 cam was perfect, for that combo.
If that same combo was in an A body, it would have been a high 11 second car...IMO.

My Duster 383 with that cam carb combo went 11.65 118, st Hemi vert

That's awesome! You're Duster went mid 11's with that combo! Was it a street car also?

Plymouth Makes It!