I checked my push rods they are fine the intakes were perfect .050 over zero lash. the exhaust was .078 over I ordered another set that was just .050 over zero. max is .080 over according to every one I talked to.

Got it all back together did a comp test sold 175 on all 8 it runs Kinda! but wont idle unless I disconnect a Vacuum line to lean it out,
Then it will idle enough to get it into gear to move it but if I touch the gas peddle it immediately throws a throttle body light (lightning bolt) and goes into limp mode what I think is limp mode and runs like [censored].
If I leave the vacuum line hooked up it wont idle at all, I have to keep the rpm up around 1800-2000 rpm then it will rev but only to about 4k rpm then cuts out.

I tried another throttle body but it runs the same. I don't know if this is the way it should run or not never been in this situation with a modified computer controlled hemi before.

Its running on all 8 but I am worried the tuner will find something else is wrong with it and then I will end up spending money on repairs their in his shop that I can do myself.

I found a Tunner That is gonna tow to his shop next week to finish the exhaust system from the Headers back and tune it. BUT I don't want him to take it if there is something else wrong with it.

Help? Suggestions? thoughts? ideas? advise? criticism? thanks in advance!

Last edited by Doright; 01/16/24 09:59 PM.

D Barnett
A&P mechanic,
FCC general radio Telephone operator.