Originally Posted by Moparite
I think it's a step in the right direction, But still needs some work. Definitely better than that 4 door thing they called a "Charger". I think it was a disgrace to the name! shake_head From what i read the (ev)performance is supposed to be up to the hellcat level. Have to wait and see, I'm sure they will have different versions/options. What ever happened to making both two and four door cars? If by some chance you need 4 doors it was an option. No options today! Most people today don't care about looks, Just look at all the 4 door suvs that look all the same on the roads. puke

Current cars (vehicles) have three big problems in car design and it actually started in the mid to late '60's NHTSA, FMVSS, EPA and more. Pretty tough to meet ALL of the standards and make your vehicle look good. That's the reason early in this thread I pointed out the rollover standard B-PILLAR that is too expensive to get around. Then there's the crash testing, pedestrian safer front ends, etc., I have a friend and former Dodge engineer that worked on just the doors of the last Challengers and from the beginning of design and development they tried and tried and tried to make a Challenger without a B-pillar and failed because of cost and it would have looked ugly and awkward. When this Charger concept first showed without a B-pillar I was betting the B-pillar-less 2-door Charger would never happen and so far it looks like it won't again.