Originally Posted by Cometstorm

Just depends on your (and wifey’s!) individual needs and wants.

But you won’t get a 6.2 mattress at Slant Six pricing

I figure our $3500 mattress is in the 383 range. wave

Other than fancy name dropping and frivolous additions there is nothing a good slant 6 mattress doesn't give you over a 6.2.

I did a quicky search on mattress pricing, cheapest one I found, queen sized, was "on sale" for $150, regularly $634. ~$400 off and I doubt they aren't making a profit even then. https://www.us-mattress.com/collect...sses-us-mattress?sort_by=price-ascending

So how much is your $3500 mattress overpriced? I have an air mattress, one you can deflate, roll up and store in the closet, it's comfortable, does just about everything a Sleep Number will, other than automatically keep it inflated and "adjust based on your sleep needs". It cost me less than $100. As for the automatic adjusting, has anyone actually looked at how much that comes into play? I like a firm mattress, probably because I spent 4 years on a destroyer sleeping on 3" of foam rubber atop a steel locker. When I first got married I used to sleep on the wood floor of our place because the mattress was too soft. Took me a couple years to get used to even a very firm mattress. Even today, while I sleep well on a softer mattress when I get out of bed my body aches and I got out in 93. A water bed does it for me, even that air mattress, at full inflation, works well for me. Spending a ton of money on something else doesn't work for me.