I've not slept in my own bed for close to a couple of years now for this reason. I usually sleep in the next room in what was my sons bedroom before he got married and moved away.... But as of late I've been in the other end of the house in the laz y boy recliner trying to kick sinus/bad head cold. I don't toss and turn nearly as much in the sons old bed or the laz y boy and actually can sleep sound all night.
We bought our 1st set of mattresses that were still great when we dumped them "because they were getting old" at 18 years old, and are on our 2nd set of replacements since / each of which seemed great at the mattress place but weren't for long when we got em home and actually tried to sleep on them... And we paid good money for each of those sets.... I want my original set back.
We have a queen size bed and one or the other of us can sleep "ok" But not great/ diagonally on it, which doesn't leave room for both of us... I do pretty well in the twin XL in my sons bedroom. We can't afford another set of queen size mattresses at the moment so we have been sleeping separately. When I try to sleep in the queen bed I keep my wife up because I toss, turn and get up and walk the hallway too many times a night. I don't do so in the twin bed or the lazy boy.
But as our grandson stays here sometimes and is outgoing the pack n play, he's gonna need the twin bed.....
When we go to the mattress store and try different ones, the last 2 sets my wife "gives in" to what feels better to me in the mattress store but since we put a mattress topper on the current set, she sleeps good there but I only sink on my side like a hammock and if I don't get up 2-3 times every night I can't move in the morning because i hurt so much our 2nd set was apillowtop and neither of us liked it for very long. Current set is a "firm" but like I said from my waist down seems like I'm sleeping on the edge of a hole