I feel your pain, but if you stop messing with Polished Ceramics you wont have these problems.....High Temp Ceramics don't have these issues. I have High Temp Ceramics on 4000HP+ TURBO shootout cars that caught fire and STILL LOOK good, lol....

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Well, after a lot of time on the phone the decision has kinda made itself:

I have never really been happy with the steering box that Firm Feel did for me when I put this engine in. The typical dead spot in the middle is annoying as hell. I actually sent it back and it came back basically the same. I have wanted to try the Borgeson box for some time now, but the many issues reported here (thanks Moparts!) has kept me from it. Besides, there is no way that box is coming out with the engine in place. But it seems that Bergman has got a good combo now.

Since I am pulling the engine to address some other things, the Cuda is getting a Bergman kit. But my current TTis won't fit the new box apparently. TTi has changed the driver side tubes to accommodate the Borgeson box. So............looks like a new set of TTis.

I have thought about getting the TTis and sending them off to be coated elsewhere, but every step takes weeks which stacks up to it being well into February before I would have the finished headers back. I am not in a hurry, but I really don't want the car spread out all over the shop that long. It all takes up a lot of space.

I suspect that in a few years that I will be right back where I am now with the condition of the headers. With or without WD40. rolleyes But to be honest, I am not sure how much longer I will be doing this hobby. This is most certainly the last time I am pulling this engine/tranny. This kind of work is just getting to be too hard on my hands and back.

I really appreciate all the responses. Thanks!

542151_390096284397643_434244379_n.jpgTim-Lynch-Fire_(1).jpg